(1) Subject to the following paragraph of this section 9, CORE Languages’ legal liability for damages is limited as follows: CORE Languages’ liability is limited to the amount of damages typically foreseeable at the time of the conclusion of this contract for the slightly negligent breach of material obligations arising from the contractual relationship (i.e. such contractual obligations, the fulfilment of which is essential for the proper performance of the contract, the breach of which jeopardizes the achievement of the purpose of the contract and the fulfilment of which you regularly rely on, so-called “cardinal obligations”). CORE Languages is not liable for the slightly negligent breach of non-essential obligations arising from the contractual relationship.
(2) The aforementioned limitation of liability shall not apply in cases of mandatory statutory liability (in particular under the Product Liability Act) and in the event of the assumption of a guarantee, intent or gross negligence or in the event of damage resulting from injury to life, body or health. You are obligated to take reasonable measures to avert and mitigate damages.
Your Special Duties
(1) You are responsible for the content you post on the Website (e.g. in forums, and chat rooms). The opinions and messages you post on the Website do not represent or endorse the views of CORE Languages or its employees. CORE Languages is not responsible for the content of any messages you send to other customers you have located through CORE Languages.
You agree not to post any of the following content:
content that violates the rights of third parties, in particular the copyrights or data protection rights of third parties, obscene, pornographic, violence glorifying or trivializing, child and youth endangering contents, defamation, insults, abusive criticism, threats against other customers or third parties,
racist, anti-Semitic, homophobic and transphobic, discriminatory, offensive to human dignity and immoral content.
(2) You further agree to refrain from the following actions:
distribute electronic content (including viruses, worms, Trojan horses) capable of causing damage or any form of harm to CORE Languages’ computer systems, as well as publish URLs or links to websites or servers containing such content,
generate substantial electronic traffic, e.g. by sending unsolicited commercial emails, junk emails, other unsolicited communications, so-called mail bombs, etc. to one person, to distribution lists or to several newsgroups (spamming),
use any mechanism, software or other script in connection with the use of the Website that interferes with the functionality or accessibility of the Website or modify, delete or overwrite any content on the Website created and maintained by CORE Languages.
(3) You further agree:
not to photograph other participating clients or the language teacher during an online language course or to make audio and/or video recordings of them and/or to make them available to the public or distribute them publicly.
not to insult, defame, discriminate against or threaten other participating clients or the language teacher during the online language course in a racist, anti-Semitic or homophobic or transphobic manner, or for any other reason.
You agree to indemnify CORE Languages with respect to any and all damages resulting from your negligent or intentional breach of the GTC.
Changes to the GTC
CORE Languages has the right to change these GTC with effect for the future, for example due to a change in the law or to ensure better functionality of the Website or Services. Excluded from this are unreasonable changes, especially to essential parts of the contract, such as the main services owed. CORE Languages will notify you of any changes to these GTC in text form (email will suffice) at least six (6) weeks prior to their intended effective date to the last known email address. If you do not agree with the changes to the GTC, you have the right to object or terminate your contract at the next possible date until the day the change to the GTC comes into effect. If you do not exercise your right to object or terminate, it will be assumed that you agree with the new GTC. CORE Languages will inform you about this circumstance and its consequences in the notification of the changes to the GTC.
If you object to the application of the changed GTC, CORE Languages may cancel the contract and your user account by giving you two (2) weeks’ notice.
Dispute Settlement Procedure
CORE Languages does not participate in any dispute resolution mechanism but prefers to resolve your requests directly with you. If you would like to contact customer service and submit a request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
(1) Contracts between you and CORE Languages shall be governed by the laws of the Federal Republic of Germany, excluding the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods. The statutory provisions on the limitation of the choice of law and on the applicability of mandatory provisions, in particular of the state in which you have your habitual residence as a consumer, remain unaffected.
(2) Should individual provisions of this contract be invalid, this shall not affect the remainder of the contract.
If you have questions about these GTC or any of CORE Languages’ other policies and operations, please feel free to contact us at the contact details on www.corelanguages.com.
CORE Languages INC.
Mail 1000 Johnnie Dodds Blvd. STE 103-324,
Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464