Scope of Application and Definitions
User Account and Conclusion of Contract
(1) In order to use the Services of CORE Languages, you must create a user account on our platform CORE CONNECTTM. For this purpose, you enter your first and last name as well as your email address in a registration form provided online, set a password of your choice and agree to the GTC. Alternatively, you can register via single-sign-on (SSO) methods displayed at the registration page.
(2) After you have submitted the registration form, you will receive a confirmation email from CORE Languages, which will allow you to activate your user account only if you agree to our terms and conditions. Your confirmation email will include these terms and conditions for your records.
(3) By creating the user account, you confirm that you are at least 18 years old and can enter into legally binding contracts. In addition, you declare that you will not create a user account for anyone other than yourself or a dependent family member without CORE Languages’ permission, that all information provided by you when creating the user account is true, accurate and complete, and that you will continue to update your information in the future in case it changes in the course of using the user account.
(4) In order to use a paid online language course from CORE Languages, you must place an order with CORE Languages via your user account. CORE Languages’ offers of online language classes and courses are to be understood as an invitation to you to submit an order. Before placing an order, you can choose between different languages, single language class or different language packages at reduced rates, change and view your data at any time and select your payment method. By submitting your payment method and booking classes on CORE CONNECT or requesting classes be booked on your behalf, or requesting a subscription by your client success manager, you are confirming your order binding your contract.
Rights of Use and Restrictions of Use
(1) CORE Languages owns all copyright exploitation rights to the Materials, including, but not limited to content, text, images, software, audio and video files and documentation.
(2) CORE Languages grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, worldwide right to use the Materials solely for private and non-commercial purposes.
(3) You may not, without CORE Languages’ prior explicit written consent, communicate to the public, in particular make available to the public on the internet , broadcast, distribute, sell, rent, sublicense, transmit, publish as adapted works, including but not limited to translation, reproduce for non-private use, or otherwise exploit the Materials or any other copyrighted work of CORE Languages in any manner not permitted by law.
(4) You are prohibited from making video and/or audio recordings of online language courses and publicly reproducing or distributing them.